The District offers septic system dye kits for $5.
We also offer site assessments.
Septic System Inspection Program
District Technician Lenny Croote is certified in the Onsite Wastewater Treatment System Network, and completed a comprehensive training with classroom and field components that focused on regulatory updates, understanding septic system components and soil conditions, and how to maintain a healthy environment.
To Schedule an Inspection
1. The home or business owner voluntarily contacts District Technician Lenny Croote requesting a septic system inspection.
2. Lenny coordinates a date and time with the home or business owner and the owner’s choice of a septic system pumping service. The septic system inspection will occur before and after tank pump-out on the same day.
3. During the inspection, Lenny collects data on the current condition of the leach field and septic system. Additionally, a map is created showing the location of the system.
4. Lenny provides a report to the home or business owner, keeps one on record at the Conservation District, and sends a copy to municipalities upon request.
5. The septic system inspection fee is $200.00. The cost for the tank pump-out is determined by the private contractor.